Monday, February 07, 2011

SO WHAT.... CHRISTINA BOTCHED THE WORDS


So Christina Aguilera botched up the words to the National Anthem at the SuperBowl.

"What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming," she belted about one minute into the song, to the bewilderment of somber Super Bowl fans.

What should have come next: "O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming."

Instead she held the final note - "brave" - for just over six seconds which apparently was enough for people to get over it.

In a statement to the Wall Street Journal's Speakeasy blog, Aguilera said the flub happened because "I lost my place."

"I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," she explained. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Luckily Fergie from The Black Eyed Peas rushed to her defense on Monday, after Christina was criticized for flubbing the words to the National Anthem.

"You know what? It's such a huge venue, your nerves take a hold of you," Fergie told listeners during Dan Patrick's radio show. "I completely understand. She's one of the best singers of our time. Nobody can take that away from you... But you get nervous at these things. We're human."

"Some of my notes were pitchy to me," she admitted. "It was so exhiliarating. The whole thing. it was so big. That's a once-in-a-lifetime thing."

GV Says: This is so petty. Most of us don't even know the words. If someone held a gun to heads and told us to sing it we'd all be dead. Sometimes we give people a hard time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is such a beautiful person I was so busy looking at her I did not hear any mistake.