Tuesday, February 08, 2011

HALLE BERRY GRACES EBONY

So Halle Berry is gracing the latest issue of Ebony. No issue there....



But some of our white friends are in an uproar because she believes her child is black.

On Nahla

“I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory. I’m not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself and that’s what she’s going to have to decide – how she identifies herself in the world. And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself. But I feel like she’s black.”

GV Says: Geez...our white friends don't want to be black nor do they want us to call ourselves black????? I'm sorry I do not believe in the whole I'm this percentage black or this percentage white. I say embrace all of who you are no matter the race, HOWEVER, keep it real with yourself. If you appear black, white, Asian or whatever you need to understand that's how the world will treat you and I believe that is what Ms. Berry is trying to articulate.

No comments: