Tuesday, November 30, 2010

RIHANNA OPENS UP TO KANYE IN INTERVIEW MAG

Kanye West interviews Rihanna in the new issue of Interview magazine.


"How does it feel to know that you could have any man in the world? Or woman?" asked West, according to the transcript published by Interview. "How does it feel to know that you can turn straight women gay?"

"Is that a real question?" said Rihanna.

"Yeah," West replied.

"Well...Thank you. I don't know how to feel about that," she said. "I guess that's flattering."

"But just to have that level of power. How do you deal with it?" West asked. "No one woman should have that much power."

"I try not to depend on it," said Rihanna. "It's just a part of what's happening right now in my life, and I appreciate it. It helps a lot."

The "Umbrella" singer, who found herself at the center of a very public scandal when attacked by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown last year, says she isn't just the tough rock star she appears.

"I do have a vulnerable side," she told West. "I think a lot of peo­ple have a misperception of me. They only see the tough, defensive, aggressive side. But every woman is vulnerable...It's not a major part of who I am, but it's definitely there. I just don't like people to see me cry-I don't like to let them know when I'm bothered. You know?"

"I could probably learn something from that," the controversy-stricken West replied.

Rihanna also talked about the first time she met and auditioned for Jay-Z, a nerve-wracking experience for the then-unknown.

"I mean, I was 16. From Barbados. Like, you would never...The chances of ever meeting somebody famous or ever being signed-that was just a deadly combination," she said.

"Do you know any famous people now?" asked West.

"Huh?" Rihanna laughed.

The singer, 22, has moved on since her experience with Brown to a healthy relationship with baseball player Matt Kemp, and says kids could be right around the corner for the pair -- or way down the line.

"I have a lot of other stuff to accomplish before I get to kids," she said. "Whenever the time is right, I'll just know...It could be a year from now. It could be 10 years from now. Whenever is right."


No comments: