Monday, September 13, 2010

VMA PERFORMANCES

Nicki Minaj performed during the pre-show. Admittedly, I was multitasking while viewing it. I mostly just saw a bunch of booty popping though.

Sorry Nicki fans, I don’t knock her hustle but when I see her all I see is Lil Kim. The way to stop that is to simply stop jacking her style.


Eminen opened with a surprise performance from Rihanna. Not my favorite RiRi look but she takes chances and that counts for something. She keeps things interesting.


Usher had a huge performance full of lights and dancers.

He did his thing..and after slow record sales and a lot of personal drama he needed this. Hopefully this will bring the attention back to his talent and off of his personal life.


Drake brought out enough swag to bring the old Mary back. It was a nice classy performance



And finally the man we all waited for. "Let's have a toast for the douche bags, Let's have a toast for the assholes....." After all the hoopla from last year's awards he didn't disappoint. He kept it simple and incredibly interesting..interesting song choice, he did his own music, the dancers were interesting. It was so simple people were waiting on the edge of their chairs for something to pop off. I enjoyed it and after a year, we need to let that old Taylor Swift -ish go.


Speaking of Taylor...she performed. Apparently, the song was about last year’s incident concerning Kanye West. Admittedly I'll have to see that again because I have no idea what the song was about. I couldn't tell if she was forgiving him or jabbing him.

No comments: