Sunday, June 06, 2010

NO PRESSURE FROM HOV

The NY Daily News reports that it's not Hov that will be wooing LeBron to the Nets.



"That's his decision," Hov tells "Rolling Stone." "We're friends - we've still gotta hang out! I don't want to convince somebody to do something, then have to see him and say, 'Uh, yeah, we're 4-30 ...sorry.'"

Recruiting the NBA's reigning two-time MVP is instead up to new Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov - and Jay-Z thinks the deep-pocketed Russian is up to the task. The pair first met at the posh Four Seasons hotel in midtown Manhattan, and the rapper recalls he was duly impressed by the multibillionaire oligarch.

"I'd been staying there for 10 years, and I always thought I was at the top level," Jay-Z said. "But when I met Prokhorov, they took me up to this extra, extra room that I had never even heard of before.

"Now there's something else to shoot for. There's always an extra level you don't know about."


No comments: