Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SIMON TO LEAVE AMERICAN IDOL

For all you American Idol stans, looks like Simon is moving on....



Simon has announced that he is leaving the hit Fox show when his contract ends after the 2010 season.

He will judge and produce an American version of his British hit music show, The X Factor, on Fox in Fall 2011.

"Because of that this will be my last season on American Idol," he announced Monday at Fox's Winter Television Critics' Association press event at the Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena, Calif.

"I felt like doing something different," he explained. "I want to leave Idol this year bigger and better than it's been before."

As for rumors that former Idol judge Paula Abdul could serve as a judge on The X Factor, he said: "I adore Paula. Whatever happens with her, I will be working with her in some capacity because I miss her."


No comments: