Sunday, November 29, 2009

TIGER STILL IGNORES POLICE

Tiger Woods was hospitalized after crashing his car near his home early Friday, according to reports.



Woods, 33, was leaving his house in Orlando, Fla., around 2:25 a.m. when he ran his 2009 Escalade into a fire hydrant and then into a tree on a neighbor's property. The airbags on his car didn't deploy, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report, an indication that he was traveling at under 33 mph.

He was taken to a nearby hospital. According to Orlando Sentinel, hospital officials said he was no longer a patient by 2 p.m. Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan said the golfer was treated and released in good condition.

So far, law enforcement sources revealed that Tiger Woods has canceled all his meetings with the Florida Highway Patrol.

One of the things authorities want to see -- the wounds on Tiger's face ... whether they were caused by the accident or during a domestic dispute with his wife.

While he is ignoring police, he broke his silence to fans and wrote on his Web site Sunday: "This situation is my fault and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again."

As for the rumors, including speculation that he and his wife may have had a physical altercation following a report published in the National Enquirer that he had an affair, Woods demurred. "This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way," he said. "Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible."

He continued: "The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false. "This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."

No comments: