Sunday, September 13, 2009

2009 VMA HIGHLIGHTS


Madonna opened the show with a heartfelt tribute to Michael Jackson in which she called him, "so unique, so original, so rare. He was a king."

After Madonna's speech, Janet Jackson took the stage at the end of a Michael Jackson medley. Performing in front of the"Scream" video that featured her and Michael, Janet let loose.


Beyonce really did it to them at the VMAs with her "Single Ladies" performance. After Kanye West cut off best female video winner Taylor Swift at the Video Music Awards in New York on Sunday, B came in as the clean up crew.

"This is amazing," Knowles said. "I remember being 17-years-old, up for my first MTV award with Destiny’s Child and it was one of the most exciting moments of my life, so I would like for Taylor to come out and have her moment."

A smiling Swift came out and said, "Maybe we can try this again." She continued, thanking "all my fans on Twitter and MySpace and everyone who came out to my shows this summer."

The two winners, both in bright red dresses, hugged and left the stage together.


I simply don't get Lady Gaga. This blood infested scene was gorish to say the least...and this was probably the best outfit she wore all night.

1 comment:

Secrets said...

Kanye's PR person must be going out his mind. That dude has no boundaries. What a hateful thing to do.

I was impressed with Beyonce. I loved what she did for Taylor.

Did you see Beyonce singing along to Jay Z's song? Like she knows all the lyrics...Really Bey???
No one likes their husband that much. I dont care who he is...LMAO

I didnt understand Lady Gaga. That blood threw me off.

Pink did her thing. Jay Z and Alicia Keys were good. Beyonce did her thing too...with the violent pelvic thrusts. She looked like she dislocated something. LOL

Whats up with Lil Mama?? Why did she jump on stage? I was so confused.

The best part was the Michael Jackson tribute...even though Madona made it as much about her as she did Michael.

Please someone tell Jermaine that his hair looks awful!!