Sunday, March 29, 2009

T.I. SENTENCED

Friday was the day of reckoning for T.I. as an Atlanta judge sentenced him to one year and a day for federal weapons charges.



"Today I would like to say thank you to some, and apologize to all,"he told U.S. District Judge Charles Pannell Jr. at sentencing, according to the Associated Press.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, pleaded guilty last March after he was arrested in 2007 attempting to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers.

He will have between 30 and 60 days to report to prison. He has already completed about 1,000 hours of community service and warned youths about the pitfalls of guns, drugs and violence as documented on his MTV reality series T.I.'s Road to Redemption. He will need to complete 470 additional hours.

T.I. will be separated from his fiancé Tameka Cottle and his six children.

GV Says: We'll miss that sexy brother. I think out of this he found something positive in giving back. He looked so sick in his last Redemption episode as he talked about his upcoming sentence.

No comments: