Monday, November 10, 2008

MARIAH & NICK SPILL THE BEANS

Mimi spills the beans about hubby Nick


The Mirror reports:

The singer has confessed that she kept the rap star waiting until they were married before, well, you know…they got down to the intimate side of their relationship.

But Mariah says hanging on for that two months from when they met in February to when they tied the knot in the Bahamas in April was well worth it.

She adds: “It’s not that we had NO intimacy, we just didn’t have complete intimacy. It’s just me, and my feelings.

“I definitely don’t want to push it on anybody else. But we both have similar beliefs, and I just thought that it would be so much more special if we waited until after we were married. And it was, and it still is.”

And the singer says life has been a blissful since they she and Nick got hitched.

Sitting in the Dorchester hotel in London, she tells the Mirror: “We celebrated our anniversary with a huge Halloween party. I went in a cookies costume, and Nick dressed as milk. We had the most amazing day.”

Lovingly caressing one of her huge heart-shaped diamond earrings, she went on: “He bought me these, and the biggest bunch of flowers you’ve ever seen. He’s incredibly romantic.”

She adds: “I was hesitant for a long time to get into a relationship and lose control of my heart and myself as a human being.

“I was very protective of myself. But this was something different. I was hesitant after having a bad experience, but this was something bigger than both of us.

“There was no question of not being ready when I met Nick. It felt 100 per cent right.”

The couple are so certain their love will last they have both had tattoos of each other’s names etched on their bodies.

Mariah says: “We really do feel we are soulmates. We actually first met each other in 2005, and we definitely had chemistry then, but we were both with other people and it wasn’t the right time.

“But whenever he was asked on TV who his celebrity crush was he would always say me, and friends would tell me, ‘Nick Cannon really likes you.’

“I would just say. ‘Oh, he’s probably just saying that’. I didn’t know what to believe. Then we met again on my video shoot and it all just clicked. It was pretty whirlwind, amazing.”

Speaking about the time Nick, who is 10 years her junior, proposed, she adds: “It was the day that they lit the Empire State Building in New York in pink and lavender, my signature colours, because it had just been announced that I’d had my 18th number one hit, beating Elvis Presley’s record.

“Nick handed me a sweet wrapper. I got to the candy ring, he’s always giving me those as he has a very sweet tooth, and I said to him: ‘Mine’s broken, there’s no sweet inside.’ He told me to open it anyway and there was this beautiful diamond ring inside.”


No comments: