Sunday, June 29, 2008

TD JAKES' DAUGHTER WEDS

Bishop T.D. Jakes’ youngest daughter Sarah Dionne, 19, wed her college sweetheart, Robert Henson, 22, Saturday, June 21, at The Potter's House in Dallas.


"A lot of people have told us that we're too young, and asked Robert and me, 'Why don’t you wait?'" said Sarah, who accepted Robert's proposal on Mother's Day in 2007. "But when you feel like it’s right, love one another, and you're ready, why wait?"

Robert agrees: "Everyone likes to say you have your whole life ahead of you, but tomorrow is not promised. I know I love her and we were ready."

Sarah wore a strapless gown. "My father picked out my dress," said Sarah. "He was on a business trip in New York, and called me and told me he had found a dress. I was so nervous and called my mom. My dad doesn't know how to work his cell phone that well, but he took a picture of it and sent it to me. When he brought the dress, it fit perfectly. I absolutely love it!"

The seven bridesmaids were radiant in chocolate satin dresses. Sarah's maid of honor, big sister Cora, 20, wore an aqua dress, while the groomsmen donned slick tuxedos.

The lovebirds met a year and a half ago through a mutual friend at their alma mater, Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.

Kelly Price and Micah Stampley sang the inspirational duet "Our Prayer" by Donnie McClurkin and Yolanda Adams. The ceremony was followed by a fairy-tale reception at the Jakes's palatial 28-acre estate.

Guests, including Tyler Perry, Dr. Phil McGraw, Deion Sanders, Tom Joyner and wife Donna Richardson Joyner, Paula White, Michael Irvin and Emmit Smith, were on hand for the celebration.

The front lawn of Jakes's home was transformed into an enchanted forest replete with fog, mimes, a string quartet playing in a gazebo, and an ice sculpture of a glass slipper. Arriving in a Just Married-tagged horse-drawn carriage, the newlyweds were in every sense the evening's Cinderella and Prince Charming.

"I really can't take credit for any of this," said Sarah, a broadcast journalism major who graduated in May. "This was all my dad's idea.”

Guests were treated to a buffet-style spread and a performance by singer Carl Thomas.

Gorgeous!!!









The Joyners
Tyler Perry and T.D.
Dr. Phil

Emmit and Pat Smith

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the bridesmaids' dresses! where did she get them?

Anonymous said...

d4g88c8w50 p7o77z9h08 u6u64y6c37 j5n43f2l91 h4p93x9i25 u9k06r6g10