Wednesday, June 18, 2008

QUEEN LATIFAH REACHES WEIGHT GOAL

Queen Latifah has reportedly reached her target weight under Jenny Craig.


"My intention was to lose five to 10 percent of my body weight because it makes a difference with health related issues, and I achieved that goal in a couple of months."

"I'm excited about this weight loss." In addition to following the Jenny Craig program, she hit the gym five to seven days a week, switching between the treadmill or elliptical machine for an hour.

"My jeans are looser, I feel more energetic," she said of shedding the weight. "People dig it. They come up to me and say 'I'm glad you're talking about the health side of it.' People get that message, which is important too."

Even though she's slimmer, Latifah said her fans know she's still one of them. "They see that I'm doing this for the health reasons but also say, 'She's still representing for the big girls. She hasn't abandoned us!' " Latifah said. "This is me doing something for me, but if I am going to be a role model I hope people can catch on."

GV Says: Go Queen!

No comments: