Wednesday, May 28, 2008

VANESSA GETS GANGSTA

Apparently Vanessa is not the meek little forgiving wife that we all pegged her for. Laura Lane who covers the Lakers for ESPN.com got an earful recently. This is her account of an altercation that happened between her and Vanessa.


So as I’m walking out of the Lakers locker room after some post-game interviews with the players, I pass Vanessa, who is sitting outside the locker room as usual with her two girls.

“Laura!” she screams (yes, she apparently knows my name). “F*ck you! You f*cking b*tch!”

“Excuse me?” I say, completely baffled as I look around me to see if there is someone else named Laura. No, there’s not.

Her daughters – ages 5 and 2 – are sitting next to her on the bench looking at their mom as she screams.

[More f-words ensue. Many more.]

I just stare at her. I’ve heard many stories about her from reporters, but this was unbelievable. Two of my friends from the LA Times told me how she cussed out one of them last season, because he said hi to her daughter.

“Join the club, this means you’ve arrived,” said one reporter when word spread of my run-in with Vanessa. “She’s insane,” said another. “Everyone knows it.”


Laura went on to blog, "The sad part is before all of this I kind of liked Vanessa and I thought we hit it off. She doesn't give a fuck about anything. She wears these insane outfits, struts around Staples Center like a queen, shows off her daughters and lets them run around the hall way playing tag while reporters are trying to get by....As a journalist I am going to piss people off. That’s just the nature of the business. I never want to or intend to piss people off, but if you’re not pissing people off occasionally, then you are constantly kissing ass."

GV Says: Although I don't condone cursing and acting a fool, I'm not mad at Vanessa. It's good to know she has a backbone. I bet Laura will not mess with her again.

No comments: