Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BUSTA RHYMES GETS PROBATION

A judge sentenced Busta Rhymes to three years' probation today for assaulting his former driver and a fan.



The 35-year-old Rhymes was also ordered to perform 10 days of community service; pay a $1,250 fine, plus court costs; and enroll in a drunken driving program.

After the sentencing, Rhymes said the terms of the plea deal won't be a problem. "I have no trouble being a good dude because that's what I am," he said.

Scott Leemon, Rhymes' lawyer, said a private agency called Rock Corp. will work out the community service program. He said he doesn't know yet what it will be. He also said Rhymes has paid most of the fines and surcharges he owed.

"I couldn't feel better, and this couldn't have happened at a better time. I thank the judge for giving me a chance and I thank everybody for being supportive."

No comments: