Sunday, December 30, 2007

MORE RAZ B DRAMA

WTF is going on with this Raz B drama?


It seems after accusing former B2K manager Chris Stokes of molesting him, he has now taken back his words. In a 30-second video posted on YouTube on Wednesday, DeMario "Raz-B" Thornton stands outside on a city street and recants the sordid accusations he and older brother Ricardo "Ricky Romantic" Thornton had made in a pair of videos that circulated over the weekend.

"This is DeMario Thornton, publicly known as Raz-B of B2K," a solemn-looking Thornton tells the camera in the video, called "The Truth About Chris Stokes B2K Part 3." "I would like to send a public apology for some tapes that were leaked without my authority. I just want to say that those allegations are not true ... with Chris Stokes and Marques Houston, [I] apologize for any hurt this may have caused publicly [or] financially."
Stokes reacted to the new video in a statement released Thursday (December 27) morning. "I'm happy that DeMario 'Raz-B' Thornton and Ricardo Thornton realized their mistakes and admitted to lying," he said, although Ricardo Thornton is standing by his claims. "I have always supported my family and have always been a stand-up person. I knew that the truth would eventually come to light."

Thornton's abrupt turnaround came just hours after Stokes told MTV News that the allegations were false. His denials were seconded by another former B2K member, Omarion.

"I'm not gay. And I'm married. And I have four kids. I been with my wife for 16 years," Stokes told MTV in an exclusive interview. "And I'm not a child molester. So those are all false allegations. I'm gonna sue them. And I owe that to my wife and kids, period. It's ridiculous."
The truce between Raz and Stokes doesn't appear to have been extended to Ricardo. After MTV reported on the apology, Ricardo told MTV News that he stands by all the original allegations and is not recanting his story. He said he hasn't spoken to his younger brother in more than a day — which he said was unusual for the siblings — and predicted that Raz will "come back around," suggesting that the apology might not have been his brother's idea.

No comments: