Wednesday, June 06, 2007

ASHANTI & IRV GOTTI ON THE ROCKS?

Are Irv and Ashanti on the rocks? I get that vibe from Irv's recent interview with King Magazine (July/ August issue).

“Me and Ashanti are definitely like, uh.. there was a space in time where we, uh, I’m trying to find the right words. I like to say that we will always be in each other’s lives. We are in the Guinness Book of World Records cause she has the biggest-selling debut from a female R&B artist.

So I deem that as special. When I was going through the trial, a lot of people weren’t riding right. So I’m happy I seen what I seen, and it went the way it went. As far as me and her business-wise, she felt she’s outgrown Murder Inc. Is she gone? Never. That’s why you have contracts. She’s here for the next few albums. But she’s doing her own thing. I just say, “What’s the single?” And I’m gonna put it out. Hopefully she makes the best shit, so we both can make lots of money [laughs].”

No comments: