Wednesday, May 30, 2007

MINORITY REPORT: LINDSAY LOHAN, BRITNEY SPEARS

Days after being cited for driving under the influence, Lindsay Lohan has checked into rehab, her rep confirms. "Lindsay admitted herself to an intensive medical rehabilitation facility on Memorial Day," Lohan's publicist said in a statement Tuesday. This is the second time this year that the 20-year-old has been in a treatment facility. Her first stay, at the Wonderland Center in West Hollywood, started on Jan. 17.


In a nearly 900-word message, Britney Spears, 25, posted a letter on her website addressing such topics as her stint in rehab, the pressures she's under, the realizations she's made over the last year, and the blessings of having children.

"Recently, I was sent to a very humbling place called rehab. I truly hit rock bottom," she writes. "Till this day I don't think that it was alcohol or depression. I was like a bad kid running around with ADD [attention deficit disorder]."

"I am having to face a lot of things right now since I have children of my own. A lot of insecurities from when I was little are coming up again. It is like we are never good enough. "I know everyone thinks that I am playing the victim, but I am not and I hate what is going on right now so much. Maybe this is the reason for this letter ... to maybe allow people to look at me differently. It is like when you are a real woman and say what you feel and how you think things are supposed to be, that people just say you are a 'bitch.' "

Explaining her recent behavior, she says, "I think it is actually normal for a young girl to go out after a huge divorce. I think it was a bigger issue because I had not gone out in such a long time. I am 25 and I do still have a lot to learn, and I am going to make mistakes everyday, and I am sure every mistake I make will probably be on CNN or Good Morning America. I am only human people and I love you for still loving me."

Good luck to these young girls on getting it together....

No comments: