Tuesday, May 15, 2007

BEANIE SIGEL OUTS DAME

Beanie Sigel has finally walked toward the light is slamming his former label boss Damon Dash for having "insincere" intentions in the label split of Roc-A-Fella.


Hov and Dash parted ways over their Roc-A-Fella label in 2005, but Beans confesses that he knew little about the reason behind the split because he was serving time behind bars for a federal weapons charge when the label change occurred.

All artists on the label were given the option to either stay with Roc-A-Fella or sign with another company, and while Sigel ultimately chose to stay, he was regularly seen together with Dash, prompting rumors he had settled a deal with the Damon Dash Music Group.

But Beans denies this was the case and blames Dash for using him as a PR stunt to raise the profile of his own label.

He tells MTV, "I don't know what his intentions were, but in all honesty, nah (his intentions were not pure).

"A lot of people thought I was leaning toward Dame Dash Music Group - they seeing Dame in the videos we shooting and him coming to court and coming to jail to see me. It was like, 'OK, Dame is riding with him.' That was never the case with me. A lot of people look at it like Dame did this, that and third, that should have been my obligation. But for what? If you doing that, you doing it from the heart."

"You don't want to question your friend, or who you thought was your friend. Their loyalty and sincerity towards you, you don't want to question that. As time went on, I did things to bring stuff out to light, and I was finding out a lot of stuff that wasn't right."

"I'm no dummy, I'm no fool. I seen through all that. I was letting that weigh out. There's a song by Bill Withers: 'Use Me.'"

No comments: