Sunday, March 11, 2007

SUGE KNIGHT READY TO END DEATH ROW?


In an exclusive interview, Marion "Suge" Knight, told NY Post he's ready to pull the plug on the label he founded in 1991 – Death Row Records. His change of direction reportedly occurred after he made two visits to the City of Refuge Church, near his hometown of Compton, where preachers Noel Jones and T.D. Jakes eerily gave him the same message.

"You've got to be able to let the past go, and move forward to the future," he quoted Jones as saying. Two weeks later, Knight heard Jakes, who was visiting from Texas, say, "You can't keep living in the past. God gives you a chance to move on."

Knight says, "They talked about the same thing, and it felt like they were talking straight to me. I don't want to be tied up with this for years. I want to move on with my life in a more positive direction."

"I want to take care of the creditors. I'm saying I don't want to keep living in the past, with the negativity," Knight said.

"My approach to music now is different. I'm not Delores Tucker, but you do have to be careful what you say," observed Knight, who no longer uses the N-word.

"We shouldn't be constantly feeding negative energy to these kids," he said. "You can get rich with the devil's money, but you can only be happy with God's money."

No comments: